Monday, December 20, 2010

{alltv} Real Housewives' Phaedra Parks: I Didn't Purchase the Pickle Photos

African American Couple 728x90 

If new Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member Phaedra Parks is disappointed with how she's been portrayed thus far — her limo ride with Cynthia, her baby shower, not to mention those pickles are nothing if not a study in awkward — she's not letting on. Watching all the trash-talking going on behind her back doesn't bother her either. "It's not difficult because I know what it is; it's television," Parks says. "Everyone has a role to play and that's what makes it good TV. Everyone's got a job to do."

Parks spoke with TVGuide.com about why a successful entertainment lawyer would decide to do a reality show, what happened to the photos from the pickle shoot, and how she felt when she greeted her newborn baby Ayden with, "Oh, gross."

TVGuide.com: If everyone's playing a role on the show, what do you think yours has been?
Parks: [Pause.] I don't know quite yet. I'm not the producer. I've given myself over to someone else, so... I'm just watching it like you guys.

TVGuide.com: Well, how do you feel about what they have chosen to show? Between the photo shoots and your pregnancy, which all the women seem to have an opinion about...
Parks:
I enjoyed it. I had a good time. I really don't live my life for the opinions of others, to be very honest with you. I'm a very strong woman. I can own whatever I do.

TVGuide.com: You're a very successful attorney. Why did you join Housewives? Were you a fan?
Parks:
I wasn't. I had seen it maybe once or twice, but I wasn't a fan. I think the opportunity presented itself at a very interesting time in my life. I was pregnant, and I didn't think it was a bad idea to have that documented. My baby, unlike most children, will be able to say, "Hey, I can watch my mom's pregnancy and I can actually watch myself being born on television!"

TVGuide.com: No hesitancy to show the pregnancy or the birth on TV?
Parks:
I thought it was a great idea to show the pregnancy. I wish they had detailed more of the things that went on, some of the problems. I'm well over 30, so it was a high-risk pregnancy, and I'm a professional woman, which made it even more high-risk because of the stress level and responsibilities I had. I think that a lot of women would've identified... but they didn't choose to show that.

Also, I think any time you show stability as far as family matters, I think it's a great thing. I don't think there's anything wrong with showing men who commit to women and have children inside of wedlock. It's very positive. I think so much has strayed away from that. I think it's a great thing to show man-woman-marriage-child. Those are my thoughts, it doesn't work for everyone, but in my household that's how it works.

TVGuide.com: How did Cynthia's Mother's Day brunch turn into straight-up sex talk?
Parks:
I am a very traditional Southern woman, as they have told you numerous times on the show -- "I'm a Southern Belle, I'm a Southern Belle, I'm a Southern Belle..." [Laughs] — so I don't know, really. That's not the conversation I'd usually have at my dinner table.

TVGuide.com But you felt open enough with them to dish, and on camera, right? I was surprised to hear about the many uses of sugar...
Parks:
Well, we're all women. I don't think it's anything crazy, but I probably wouldn't have that conversation in the privacy of my home. I mean, I'm going to be engaging when I'm having a conversation, I'm going to participate, but that's not the type of thing I discuss.

TVGuide.com: OK. You've done a couple of photo shoots on the show: the pickles and the one in which Ayden had an accident on your hand. How did the actual photos turn out?
Parks:
The ones with the pickles? Those we did not purchase. We do have pregnancy photos from that same shoot — but you didn't get to see it on the show — and they're hanging in our bedroom. We've known that photographer for years, and she has great ideas. The pickles were her idea -- and that is what people associate with pregnancy! I really didn't understand where some of the viewer comments were coming from, but I guess people have sort of become oversexed. Everything turns into something with a sexual connotation. I thought they were nice pictures; we just went with other ones.

TVGuide.com: Are you surprised by how big a story line your pregnancy has been in terms of the other women gossiping about it?
Parks:
I know that reality shows are about building story lines. Some of these women semi-knew me from around the city, some of them didn't know me at all, so I get that to make it interesting they had to bring out some aspect of, "Ooooh, what's going on?" Of course, I was sort of surprised that they made such a big deal of it, but at the end of the day, these are busybodies. And TV is supposed to be entertaining.

TVGuide.com: It probably wasn't so entertaining when they were questioning you.
Parks:
It didn't bother me because my family and friends were very aware what was going on with me. You don't tell the bag guys at the grocery store your business, and I wouldn't tell a group of strange women who I don't know very well my business either. But with this group of women, nothing surprises me. The nature of our relationships? It's exactly what it's meant to be: entertaining... My baby is not a surprise baby. I wanted to be a mom, me and my husband wanted to have children. You know, unless it's on CNN you can't count everything you see as the truth.

TVGuide.com: What was going through your head when you first saw Ayden?
Parks:
Let me tell you: I was in labor for three days. Once you enter the hospital, you can no longer have solid foods, you can only have ice chips. So for three days I was unable to eat. Then I started having back labor, where you have lots of pain in the spinal area, so I had an epidural but they had to give me morphine too so I could tolerate all the pain. The morphine was so strong, honey, I have to tell you, there were points I wasn't sure I was going to make it. It was scary. A lot of things, I don't remember. When I saw it on TV, I was like, "Wow." ... My mom said I was saying, "I need to go jogging, I need to go exercise" — I mean, just crazy stuff. I honestly don't remember much!

Combo-Flight/Hotel/Car

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © American
Vida de bombeiro Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha lisboaohyeah lasofia thebushrajr wingshock tripedes dainfamia dejavu-transpersonal jsbenfica republicadasbadanas ruiherbon eaystcheyl ojosmasabiertos ceilasantos sciencesociology centralflowers politicsnetnews news-science-news newsgadgetsworld newshealthfitnessworld newsrealestateworld femalecelebrityworld idolamericanworld curiosityintheworld ohumorpresenteemnossavida centraldasgifs newsmedicalworld worldnaturalhealth worlddesignernews tudosobremadeira 1001cosasdivertidas losppsdetodos artsworldnet centraldosmelhoreslivros politicscurrenteventsworld newsonlinemusic womentopworld newslawonline tech-news-nology wirelessworldnet modelsfashionshow computercenternet downsdasmusicas saude-ciencia downloadsnetbomba arrozinhoii newstelevisionnet educationshow homegarden-news housedesignnewsworld expertemdownloads toprecipesnews artshownews businessshownet academicstopnet photographshow travelnetworld cosmeticskay genexusnet blogabsolutamentenormal o-bem-amado