Friday, January 14, 2011

{alltv} Top Chef's Tiffani: I Have a Soft Spot for Marcel

JJGames.com Logo 

It was the dreaded double elimination on this week's seafood-themed Top Chef: All-Stars. And unfortunately for Tiffani Faison, the preparation of her bluefish dish didn't fly with the judges.

Find out why the cheftestant opted to prepare her dish the way she did, if she was surprised she was sent home, and what she thinks of Marcel.

Do you agree with the judge's critique of your dish in that it was too fishy?
Tiffani Faison: I was fine with how I cooked it and I don't really have any major issues with it. I've served it in my restaurant like that, and it got a great response. I don't think it was overly fishy or anything crude. I don't want to seem like I'm over-defending my dish, but I just cooked it so many times that way — it's how we eat it up here. I don't mean to sound crude or that New Englanders are hearty bunch that eat raw fish off the bone, but I would eat it like that.

So were you surprised that you were eliminated?
Tiffani: I knew before they even said it. But overall, I don't think my dish was horrendously bad and should have sent me home. I was actually ready to go.

What do you think of Fabio, Richard and Marcel opting to make one dish?
Tiffani: I don't think there was anything wrong with three people making one dish, but I think three people that headstrong making one dish —that's a little tough. My issue with them is that they caught bluefish and didn't use it. It just came out of the ocean and no one ate it. I don't know, to me, you have a responsibility to cook what you catch. I just think they should have incorporated both fish.

Marcel seemed a bit irritable this episode. What did you think of him?
Tiffani: Obviously, I had a lot of interaction with him on the show, and I have a bit of a soft spot for Marcel. I hear all the time how much he gets on people's nerves, and I think he could tone it down a lot. And when you see him edgy, it's probably because he's drinking. I can't find it in my heart to bash Marcel. I think he's a really well-intended person who finds himself in over his head and wants to express himself too often. But he's a good guy.

How would you compare your experience on All-Stars to Season 1?
Tiffani: It's like staying in a Motel 6 and then going to stay in the Four Seasons. In terms of what's available, our pantry was nada [in Season 1]. This time it was really well-stocked and we had every resource and tool in front of us. Now, it's a well-oiled machine. And then, from, like, producers to contestants, we were just kind of stumbling through, not sure how it was going to go. We didn't even know if it was going to air.

Did you feel more pressure this time around?
Tiffani: For me, it was less intense this time, and I know that sounds odd because there's heightened pressure with All-Stars, but I've been through the ringer so many times with it. I've done specials and been back for it and put myself through incredible pressure. This time I was pretty determined not to, so I was able to relax and be myself a little more. That's how I went into it, and it was much more enjoyable this time because of it.

wine.com

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © American
Vida de bombeiro Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha lisboaohyeah lasofia thebushrajr wingshock tripedes dainfamia dejavu-transpersonal jsbenfica republicadasbadanas ruiherbon eaystcheyl ojosmasabiertos ceilasantos sciencesociology centralflowers politicsnetnews news-science-news newsgadgetsworld newshealthfitnessworld newsrealestateworld femalecelebrityworld idolamericanworld curiosityintheworld ohumorpresenteemnossavida centraldasgifs newsmedicalworld worldnaturalhealth worlddesignernews tudosobremadeira 1001cosasdivertidas losppsdetodos artsworldnet centraldosmelhoreslivros politicscurrenteventsworld newsonlinemusic womentopworld newslawonline tech-news-nology wirelessworldnet modelsfashionshow computercenternet downsdasmusicas saude-ciencia downloadsnetbomba arrozinhoii newstelevisionnet educationshow homegarden-news housedesignnewsworld expertemdownloads toprecipesnews artshownews businessshownet academicstopnet photographshow travelnetworld cosmeticskay genexusnet blogabsolutamentenormal o-bem-amado