Friday, January 28, 2011

{alltv} Miranda Cosgrove Taps Rivers Cuomo for "High Maintenance" EP

Go Daddy Word Press Hosting Match.com Go Daddy Hosting Cloud Servers CheapOair.com

DETROIT (Billboard) – Teen singer Miranda Cosgrove has teamed with Weezer's Rivers Cuomo on a track for a new EP she plans to release March 15.

The star of Nickelodeon's "iCarly" told Billboard.com that their collaboration, "High Maintenance," is in contention to be the title track for the set.

"It's the first duet I've ever done, and it was really fun," Cosgrove said. "My part of the song is this girl who's high maintenance, and Rivers is this guy who's having to put up with it. I really enjoyed working with (Cuomo). He's really cool. I've worked with Dr. Luke for awhile...and he ended up introducing me to Rivers."

Cosgrove said Dr. Luke also steered her toward Swedish producer Max Martin, who helmed a song on her 2010 debut album, "Sparks Fly," as well as her new single, "Dancing Crazy," which will appear on the EP.

"That's one of the most fun songs, because it's a straight party song...so it's just crazy," said Cosgrove, who's playing the song on her current headlining tour.

The 17-year-old, who had her first hit with the "iCarly" theme song "Leave It All to Me" in 2007, also hoped the EP will show that she's grown since making "Sparks Fly."

"I just wanted to get back into the studio, and I feel like my voice sounds a little more mature, and I had a lot of ideas," Cosgrove explained. "When the 'Dancing Crazy' song came up I was originally going to add it onto a bonus version of ('Sparks Fly'), but then I started doing all these new songs, so we thought, why not make it into something completely new?"

She noted that the overall feel of the EP's material is "more dance. And I think the songs are more mature than 'Sparks Fly,' just because I've gotten older. I recorded some of those songs when I was 13, y'know? I've learned a lot over the years of being in music. In the beginning, I didn't know much. Being in the studio the first time was overwhelming, and it felt like I was in a hurry. It's nice now to be able to sit back a little bit."

Cosgrove said she's also "thinking about" her next album, which she hopes will also show some growth as a writer after contributing to two songs on "Sparks Fly."

"I've been writing a lot of songs by myself, 'cause I play guitar," she explained. "I really want to start playing my own songs for people. I think I'm going to start by playing one on YouTube and see how it goes."

On the acting front, meanwhile, Cosgrove is preparing to film the next season of "iCarly" and is also keeping her eye on movie opportunities.

"I'm always reading scripts, and I have scripts I really like that I'd love to make," she said. "What I'd really like to do is maybe a small, independent film with a story I love. That's what I'm hoping for, so maybe after this next season it can happen."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © American
Vida de bombeiro Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha lisboaohyeah lasofia thebushrajr wingshock tripedes dainfamia dejavu-transpersonal jsbenfica republicadasbadanas ruiherbon eaystcheyl ojosmasabiertos ceilasantos sciencesociology centralflowers politicsnetnews news-science-news newsgadgetsworld newshealthfitnessworld newsrealestateworld femalecelebrityworld idolamericanworld curiosityintheworld ohumorpresenteemnossavida centraldasgifs newsmedicalworld worldnaturalhealth worlddesignernews tudosobremadeira 1001cosasdivertidas losppsdetodos artsworldnet centraldosmelhoreslivros politicscurrenteventsworld newsonlinemusic womentopworld newslawonline tech-news-nology wirelessworldnet modelsfashionshow computercenternet downsdasmusicas saude-ciencia downloadsnetbomba arrozinhoii newstelevisionnet educationshow homegarden-news housedesignnewsworld expertemdownloads toprecipesnews artshownews businessshownet academicstopnet photographshow travelnetworld cosmeticskay genexusnet blogabsolutamentenormal o-bem-amado