Sunday, August 28, 2011

{alltv} Kendra Wilkinson: I'm Back to Being Me After Battling PPD

iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store 

 

Nearly two years after welcoming son Hank, first-time mom Kendra Wilkinson has officially bounced back.

"[After I had a baby,] I felt like I had to be a different person. I had to be conservative and wear turtlenecks and be someone that I wasn't," she told PEOPLE Saturday pool at Las Vegas's Wet Republic.

"Now that I have my body back and I feel good again, I have the perfect amount of balance. It's all about finding the balance."

However, learning to juggle her family of three — including husband Hank Baskett — and still maintain her own sense of self was anything but easy for the Being Kendra: Cribs, Cocktails, and Getting My Sexy Back author, who has been open about her battle with postpartum depression.

"It got pretty bad, [but] not to the point where I would harm my family. I was a great mom and did what I needed to, but I was definitely very depressed," she says. "[Motherhood is] a big change in life and it happened overnight."

For Wilkinson, 26, she believes the problem began when all of her attention turned toward her son, leaving little time for herself. And when she felt the public pressure to regain her body after baby, the reality star admits the heat became too much to handle.

"At the time I was doing whatever I could for the baby, but I lost myself and it was really frustrating," she shares. "Being in the spotlight is a lot of pressure about losing the weight, [especially] coming from the Playboy world."

Noting that "a lot of women suffer from PPD," Wilkinson hopes that sharing her story offers a support system for others facing the same struggles. "It needs to be talked about," she explains.

Now happily settled into her new lifestyle, Wilkinson admits she has learned to "still have a lot of fun" — albeit to the beat of a different drum. "It's a whole different life, but a better life," she says.

"Your baby is no. 1 100 percent of the time, but I do still take me time – you need to do that every now and then. I'm back to being that Kendra that everyone knew at the Playboy Mansion, but a lot more mature and grown up. I'm more aware of life."

iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © American
Vida de bombeiro Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha lisboaohyeah lasofia thebushrajr wingshock tripedes dainfamia dejavu-transpersonal jsbenfica republicadasbadanas ruiherbon eaystcheyl ojosmasabiertos ceilasantos sciencesociology centralflowers politicsnetnews news-science-news newsgadgetsworld newshealthfitnessworld newsrealestateworld femalecelebrityworld idolamericanworld curiosityintheworld ohumorpresenteemnossavida centraldasgifs newsmedicalworld worldnaturalhealth worlddesignernews tudosobremadeira 1001cosasdivertidas losppsdetodos artsworldnet centraldosmelhoreslivros politicscurrenteventsworld newsonlinemusic womentopworld newslawonline tech-news-nology wirelessworldnet modelsfashionshow computercenternet downsdasmusicas saude-ciencia downloadsnetbomba arrozinhoii newstelevisionnet educationshow homegarden-news housedesignnewsworld expertemdownloads toprecipesnews artshownews businessshownet academicstopnet photographshow travelnetworld cosmeticskay genexusnet blogabsolutamentenormal o-bem-amado